Sunday, June 24, 2012


    I am using this Sculpty white clay and it is driving me crazy.  Mush it and roll it and it is extremely soft and pliable, BUT leave your piece sit for an hour or so and is is very firm.  Firm enough that things like fingers and fins start breaking off.  Very annoying and difficult to continue working on.

    Explains why my little white Mermaid is fighting me all the way.  Should have been done weeks ago.  Sooooooooo, I finally get her tail fin done the way I want it without the wire sticking out.  I go to work on her left hand which I put on the other night and her %&* thumb breaks right off.  It is only about 1/4 of an inch long so mushing up a new piece and trying to blend it into the  firm hand is going to be fun.  Have had this happen before with this clay and honestly, it is easier to just make a new hand.  BUT THE OTHER FINGERS LOOK SO GOOD ON THIS ONE!

     Done ranting, thinking she might not be done till winter.  By then her jellyfish will be dried up!

                                                Newest pair of earring below. 
                                                Wait till you see my turkey legs!  Hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment